On 12/1/2017, Owen & Brooks turned EIGHT Months old!
- Owen weighs ~15ish (last appt was at 6 months)
- Brooks weighs ~15ish
- Weddings! Our Auntie Stacy and Spencer got married on 11/11 and we got to meet lots of extended family
- The activity boards daddy made us! They are so fun!
- Plane rides to visit Grandma and other family and friends in Cincinnati
- Thanksgiving / holidays in general
- Making a mess during food time – baby led weaning (BLW) is no joke in the cleanup department. We love strawberries, banana, turkey, avocado, green beans, etc.
- Going on walks with Scout and watching her run in the grassy area
- Swimming lessons – we’re almost ready to go under!
We don't like:
- Being cold – brrr – our hands and feet get coldie on our walks sometimes. Time to get some gloves mommy!
- Napping – sometimes we aren’t good at it
- Getting our nails trimmed
- Cold milk (Owen) – O has to have room temperature milk
- It's amazing - we're growing more similar but also more different everyday.
- Owen still likes to be on the move and can officially crawl. He is also starting to pull himself up onto things.
- Brooks is completely content sitting and watching things but he is starting to get annoyed when his brother climbs on him.
- Brooks still has blue eyes. Owen’s are greenish – hazel.
- Brooks loves music and likes food more than his brother.
- Brooks doesn’t nap as well as his brother. Owen can sleep through anything!
- Wearing 6 month clothes (starting to do 6-9 months) and are still in size 2 diapers. We also have started on overnight diapers since we can sometimes sleep for upwards of 11 hours!
- Crawl / scoot
- Owen started officially at the end of November.
- Giggle loudly
- 'Talk' outloud
- Sign basic commands
What happened this month:
- Stacy & Spencer got married 11/11.
- We went to our first Friendsgiving party at the Mardeuz’s on 11/18.
- Owen crawled / scooted for the first time on 11/19.
- We had a family photoshoot for Christmas card pictures on 11/19.
- We flew to Cincinnati (for the second time) on 11/22 to celebrate Thanksgiving with Mom’s family and friends. We got to see Liza & Bill, Jorie & Cassie, Emily and then the Becker family as well as Grandpa Ry, Grandma Di and Uncle John! #lucky
Photos: some of our firsts from month eight!